My successor, Abubakar Idris , is a liar, no vehicle was recovered from me - Solomon Arase

24/Oct/2016   //    Viewers:1548    //    Likes:    //    Shares:    //    Comments:



PARIS, OCTOBER 24, 2016: (DGW) FORMER Nigeria Police boss, Solomon Arase  in a statement made available to newsmen has again denied a report that nineteen assorted police vehicle were recovered from him.

He said the report was none other than ill-conceived plan to tarnish his image. 

The Special Investigation Panel of the Police has issued a report that 19 vehicles belong to the Nigeria Police were in fact recovered from him and in a swift reaction the former Inspector-General of Police said he will not hesitate to seek legal redress should his successor not desist from further tarnishing his image. 

Recall, the former IGP had earlier made a similar retraction on July 18, 2016 following media reports that he took away some vehicles upon retirement.

Below is the statement made available to journalists:
 “It is embarrassing for me to wake up on Monday morning to be inundated with calls and messages on purported 19 vehicles recovered from me. I wish to reassure the general public that there was nothing like that. Like I said in July, I did not take any police vehicle with me outside what I am entitled to, and so, there couldn’t have been any vehicle recovered from me. If there was any such, those behind this campaign of calumny should please make the number plates of the vehicles public and where they were recovered from.

“Rather than dissipating so much energy on ‘project drag Arase down’, I urge those behind this evil campaign to face their official responsibility for which much is expected from them by the nation. I have done my bit and my own records bear me witness. Let those daily frightened by the shadow of Arase learn to face reality and stop chasing shadows so that they are not hunted by same.”

“It’s unfortunate that this matter is being made a media issue because my successor has my telephone number and could have called me for any clarification or even sent me a text message rather than addressing the media on an issue well documented in my hand-over notes.”

Disclaimer: Comments on posts are entirely the author's and do not reflect the editorial policy of DailyGlobeWatch.

Make a Comment