Today, Nigerians everywhere celebrate the Independence Day. October 1st 1960 was 55 years ago.
Here are 10 incredible quotes made by President Muhammadu Buhari below:
1. No temporary problems or passing challenges should stop us from honoring this day. Let us remind ourselves of the gifts God has given us.
2. We have all the attributes of a great nation. We are not there yet because the one commodity we have been unable to exploit to the fullest is unity of purpose.
3. That we have remained together is an achievement we should all appreciate and try to consolidate.
4. Whatever one’s views are, Nigerians must thank former President Jonathan for not digging-in in the face of defeat and thereby saving the country untold consequences.
5. I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions.
6. Every new government inherits problems. Ours was no different. But what Nigerians want are solutions, quick solutions not a recitation of problems inherited.
7. There have been a lot of anxiety and impatience over the apparent delay in announcement of ministers. There is no cause to be anxious. Our government set out to do things methodically and properly.
8. Impatience is not a virtue. Order is more vital than speed. Careful and deliberate decisions after consultations get far better results. And better results for our country is what the APC government for CHANGE is all about.
9. Change does not just happen. You and I and all of us must appreciate that we all have our part to play if we want to bring CHANGE about.
10. We must change our lawless habits, our attitude to public office and public trust. We must change our unruly behavior in schools, hospitals, market places, motor parks, on the roads, in homes and offices. To bring about change, we must change ourselves by being law-abiding citizens.