President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki on Tuesday unveiled the names of the Ministerial nominees submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari.
1. Dr. Chris Ngige – Fmr. Governor of Anambra State
2. Dr. Kayode Fayemi – Fmr. Governor of Ekiti State
3. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi – Fmr. Governor of Rivers State
4. Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN – Fmr. Governor of Lagos State
5. Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau (Rtd.) – Fmr. Chief of Defence Staff
6. Hajiya Aisha Alhassan – Fmr. Federal Lawmaker and Governorship Candidate
7. Dr. Ogbonaya Onu – Fmr. Governor of Abia State and Fmr. National Chairman of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (which is part of the ruling All Progressive Congress)
8. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun – Fmr. Commissioner for Finance in Ogun State (South West Nigeria)
9. Alh. Abubakar Malami – A Senior Advocate of Nigeria
10. Dr. Emmanuel Kachikwu – Group Managing Director, NNPC
11. Chief Audu Ogbeh – Fmr. Minister of Agricultural and Fmr. National Chairman of PDP
12. Sen. Hadi Sidika – Fmr. Federal Lawmaker
13. Ibrahim Usman Jibril
14. Udoma Udoh Udoma – Fmr. Federal Lawmaker
15. Ahmen Musa
16. Alh. Lai Mohammed – Nat. Publicity Secretary of APC
17. Suleiman Adamu
18. Chief Adebayo Shittu
19. Barr. Solomon Dalong – A Legal Practitioner
20. Amina Ibrahim – Special Adviser to the United Nation’s Secretary-General on Post-2015 Development Planning.
Senate President, Sen. Bukola Saraki announced that the Screening of Ministerial Nominees on the List will commence, Tuesday October 13, 2015.
Minority Leader, Sen. Godswill Akpabio raised a Point of Order on the need for the list of the Nominees to cover all States of the Federation. This was greeted with reactions from the Lawmakers.