• Biafrans heave a sigh of relief as Radio Biafra again hits the airwaves across Europe & beyond

    02/Apr/2016 // 388 Viewers

     

    PARIS, APRIL 2, 2016: (DGW) - RADIO BIAFRA, an internet radio station otherwise labeled as a pirate radio station by the Nigerian authorities has again hit the airwaves across Europe and beyond  after a lull, DailyGlobeWatch can authoritatively reveal.

    In its broadcast monitored here in the French capital of Paris from 30 Sandlings Close, Pilkington Road, London, Radio Biafra condemned the goings-on in Nigeria while calling for freedom of Biafraland.

    Radio Biafra has been off the air for sometime now following the arrest and continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB).

    In a phone-in, the anchor  told its listeners from Nigeria who had telephoned to complain about poor reception that it would be upgraded for effective coverage of the whole of the southeast.

    His words, “There is no problem with our general platform, we would look into it tomorrow. We are not forgetting our leader, Kanu. Lord God almighty, grant our leader protection. Continue to set confusion in the midst of our enemies, grant us total freedom”.

    Recall IPOB released a statement earlier in the week saying: “Right now, we are back on shortwave after Nigerian government spent millions of dollars taxpayers money trying to stop Radio Biafra. All Biafrans and friends of Biafra can now go to 11600 kHz at 25-meter band to cherish the gospel of truth, Broadcasting time is 8pm London time, 9pm Biafra land time. We are unstoppable because Chukwuka Okike Abiama, Almighty God, is on our side.”


    Read More
  • Brussels Airport reopens on Sunday

    02/Apr/2016 // 315 Viewers

     

    PARIS, APRIL 2, 2016: (DGW) - Brussels Airport is to partially resume flights tomorrow after a terror attack about 12 days ago that left no fewer than 16 people dead and 300 injured, DailyGlobeWatch can authoritatively reveal.

    Meanwhile,  security measures put in place will mean fewer flights for now and hope to return to normal operations hopefully by summer this year. This is part of the measures taken by the airport's operators resulting from the suicide blasts that occurred in the departure hall.

    DailyGlobeWatch , however, understands that the airport has not handled any flight operation since the bombings took place about two weeks ago. Two suicide bombers blew up themselves  at the airport while a separate one occurred on a metro train in the metropolis that killed 35 people.

     Addressing journalists on Saturday the airport chief executive Armaud Festus said, “Never will we forget this black day. A restart of the operations even only partially as quick as this is a sign of hope. As of tomorrow, Sunday, Brussels Airport should be partially operational,” he added.

    Be that as it may, three flights have been planned for tomorrow to three European destinations namely Faro, Athens, and Turin adding that over time  the number of flights will increase.

    Brussels airport is one of Europe's biggest airports handling over 23.5 million passengers annually with 226 destinations worldwide.

     


    Read More
  • SECESSION: Catalonians still opt to secede from Spain

    02/Dec/2015 // 258 Viewers


    PARIS, WEDNESDAY: The regional government of Catalonia said the decision to secede from Spain stands irreversible and it would be recalled that a resolution to this effect has been voted through the parliament last month which declared the commencement of a secession process, DailyGlobeWatch can authoritatively reveal.

    In the sequel, a constitutional court has declared this resolution illegal but the Catalonians have said they will stop at nothing to press home their demand.

    Reacting Neus Munte, a government spokeswoman said ' the content of this declaration, approved by an absolute majority, is to remain unchanged no matter how many sentences the Spanish Constitutional Court issues.

    Their agitation, DailyGlobeWatch understands, is none other than  a response to a totalitarian government.


    Read More
  • JUST IN: Plane with expelled RUSSIAN DIPLOMATS leaves US - Russian media reports

    02/Jan/2017 // 1561 Viewers

     

    A plane carrying 35 Russian diplomats expelled from the United States over Moscow's alleged interference in the presidential election took off from Washington on Sunday, Russian news agencies reported.

    "The plane has taken off, everyone is on board," said the Russian embassy in Washington, quoted by the state-owned RIA Novosti agency.

    Relatives of the diplomats are also onboard the plane flown specially from Russia, for a total of 96 passengers onboard.

    The expulsions were part of a package of sanctions ordered by President Barack Obama on Thursday in the final weeks of his administration.

    "We can confirm that the 35 Russian diplomats declared persona non grata have, along with their family members, departed the United States," a State Department spokesman told AFP.

    The diplomats, described as intelligence operatives based at the Russian embassy in Washington and the consulate in San Francisco, had been given 72 hours on Thursday to leave the country.

    US intelligence says the Kremlin ordered a hack-and-release of Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton campaign staff emails in a bid to put Donald Trump in the Oval Office.

    Obama also ordered the closure of two Russian compounds in New York and Maryland that the United States says were used "for intelligence-related purposes."

    Economic sanctions were also announced against Russia's FSB and GRU intelligence agencies. Four GRU officers including agency chief Igor Korobov also face sanctions.

    Moscow has repeatedly denied the allegations.

    President Vladimir Putin has ruled out sending home US diplomats in retaliation -- a move interpreted as a sign he is looking to Trump to rebuild US-Russian ties after the US inauguration on January 20.

    Trump has cast doubt on the US intelligence findings, saying he knows "things that other people don't know" about the situation. The populist billionaire is seeking closer ties with Putin.


    Read More
  • Breaking News: lslamic State group claims Istanbul New Year’s night club attack

    02/Jan/2017 // 457 Viewers

     

    ISTANBUL — The Islamic State group on Monday claimed responsibility for a deadly rampage at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year’s Eve, an assault that left at least 39 people dead, many of them foreigners.

    The statement from the group was circulated on social media early Monday, and said a “heroic soldier of the caliphate” attacked the nightclub in revenge for Turkish strikes on Muslims in neighboring Syria.

    The group claimed 150 people were killed and wounded, and described it as a “Christian celebration.” Authorities said 70 people were wounded.

    The attack was the latest in a string of assaults on civilian and military targets across Turkey, including from both Islamic State militants and Kurdish guerillas waging a war for autonomy.

    Most of the victims were visitors from the Middle East, celebrating the New Year in the ritzy night club.


    Read More
  • French euthanasia doctor hospitalised after suicide attempt

    02/Nov/2015 // 228 Viewers

    A former emergency room doctor in France who was convicted of poisoning a terminally ill patient has "opened his eyes" after being hospitalised following a suicide attempt, medical sources said Sunday.

    Nicolas Bonnemaison, 54, was found by joggers on Saturday morning slumped in a vehicle in the village of Tosse in southwestern France after apparently taking medication.

    He was transported by helicopter to a hospital in nearby Bordeaux, where one source said his condition was stabilising.

    The medical source said the former doctor had "opened his eyes and was responding to simple commands".

    Despite the "encouraging" signs, Bonnemaison remained in serious condition and it was too early to comment on possible effects, especially neurological, added the source.

    On October 24, an appeals court in the western city of Angers handed Bonnemaison a two-year suspended sentence for killing a patient, an 86-year-old woman.

    But it backed a lower court ruling that had acquitted him last year of the poisoning deaths of six other terminally ill patients.

    Found next to Bonnemaison in the car on Saturday was a note explaining that he was "tired of life", particularly after his legal troubles over the last four years, according to a judicial source.

    In an emotionally charged trial that gripped a country where euthanasia is illegal, Bonnemaison was accused of "poisoning particularly vulnerable people" -- five women and two men who died between March 2010 and July 2011 soon after being admitted to the hospital in the southwestern city of Bayonne where he worked.

    He had told the appeals court that he administered the injections in order to "relieve but not to kill" patients who were suffering.

    The appeals court ruling had come just a day after France's highest administrative court authorised ending the life of a quadriplegic in a vegetative state, a landmark decision that divided his family and was immediately blocked by the European Court of Human Rights pending a review of the case.

    Euthanasia remains illegal in France despite recent efforts to ease legislation dealing with the terminally ill -- a campaign promise by President Francois Hollande. In March, lawmakers voted overwhelmingly in favour of a law allowing medics to place terminally ill patients in a deep sleep until they die.

    (AFP)


    Read More
  • France's Hollande says Chinese support ‘essential’ at climate talks

    02/Nov/2015 // 330 Viewers

    French President François Hollande said Monday that Chinese support was "essential" to reaching an effective deal at the forthcoming climate change conference in Paris as he began a two-day state visit to the Asian giant.

    In the southwestern megacity of Chongqing, Hollande said he was seeking "a global and ambitious agreement that will allow [global] warming to be limited to two degrees".

    "The support of the Chinese is essential," he said, adding: "The fight against global warming is a humanitarian issue – how the planet can be preserved – and it is also an issue of considerable economic importance, of what we call green growth."

    Hollande is in China to try and persuade Beijing, a key player in the fight against global warming, to give a decisive push to negotiations ahead of a key climate conference in Paris.

    China is the world's largest polluter and will be a key participant at the COP 21 conference, which begins on November 30, in the face of disputes over whether developed or developing countries should bear more of the burden for reducing emissions.

    Talks have largely stalled over the mechanism for following up on commitments by the 195 attending countries. France is calling for a "legally binding" mechanism with a review every five years, while China has ruled out any kind of punitive system.

    Beijing, which was blamed for scuppering a 2009 UN climate summit in Copenhagen, has already promised its carbon dioxide emissions will peak "by around 2030" in a symbolic announcement in June.

    Green growth

    Actor Sean Penn on Sunday praised the French government’s efforts to push for a deal, calling the conference “the last great hope” for an agreement fighting climate change. Penn met with Environment Minister Ségolène Royal in Paris on Sunday to discuss the actor’s reforestation efforts in Haiti, according to her office.

    Hollande will travel to Beijing later Monday where he will meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping followed by a meeting with Prime Minister Li Keqiang on Tuesday, when the two leaders will speak to a French-Chinese economic forum on green growth.

    The French president's trip comes hot on the heels of a similar visit by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who was in China last week hoping to drum up business, and after Xi visited both Britain and the US in the last two months.

    Several major EU countries including Germany, France and Britain are wooing China in the hope of winning business and becoming hubs for the growing overseas trade of its yuan currency.

    Hollande is accompanied by around 40 heads of French firms and a number of ministers, visiting a Sino-French water treatment company in Chongqing Monday to highlight cooperation in green growth industries.

    The French president will follow his trip to China with a one-day state visit to South Korea.

    (FRANCE 24 with AFP, AP)


    Read More
  • ‘Air Cocaine’ pilots who fled Dominican Republic arrested in France inShare

    02/Nov/2015 // 521 Viewers

    Two French pilots who escaped the Dominican Republic to avoid a conviction for alleged cocaine smuggling were arrested at their homes on Monday before being taken to a judge.

    Pascal Fauret, 55, and co-pilot Bruno Odos, 56, were among four Frenchmen handed 20-year terms in Santo Domingo in August following their arrest in 2013 for allegedly trying to smuggle 26 suitcases of cocaine out of the Dominican Republic.

    The pair fled on October 27, despite a court order to remain in the country pending appeal. They have denied wrongdoing, saying they did not know the private plane that they had been hired to fly was loaded with drugs.

    Eric Dupond-Moretti, a lawyer representing Fauret and Odos, criticised how the arrests were handled on Monday.

    “We had asked to be summoned, but bad habits prevailed. It’s pathetic,” Dupond-Moretti told French television channel, iTELE.

    Fauret’s wife, Sabine, said that she was also surprised by what had happened.

    “I didn’t think we were going to have police at the house. My husband isn’t a criminal, he was waiting to be summoned by the judge,” she told Reuters.

    Back in the Dominican Republic, the country’s prosecutor general, Francisco Dominguez Brito, announced that he had requested an international arrest warrant for Fauret and Odos.

    France will not extradite

    “The pilots’ escape is further evidence of their guilt,” he said at a press conference in Santo Domingo. “A person that believes he is innocent does not try to flee justice.”

    France has previously said that it will not extradite Fauret and Odos to the Dominican Republic.

    The pilots were arrested in March 2013 along with two other men, Nicolas Pisapia and Alain Castany, as they were about to take off from the Dominican resort of Punta Cana.

    Authorities said they were preparing to leave on a mid-size Dassault Falcon 50 jet with 26 suitcases containing 680 kilograms (1,500 pounds) of cocaine.

    All four, who were in custody for 15 months while their case was being heard, say they are innocent. Pisapia and Castany are still in the Dominican Republic.

    At their trial, defence lawyers argued there was no proof the men knew the drugs were on the plane.

    Four Dominican locals have also been jailed for sentences ranging between five and 10 years in connection with the case.

    (FRANCE 24 with AP, AFP, REUTERS)

    Date created : 2015-11-02


    Read More
  • 02/Nov/2015 // 376 Viewers

    Six suspected members of the Basque separatist group ETA go on trial in France on Monday over the killing of a policeman in a shootout in the eastern suburbs of Paris in March 2010, a judiciary source said.

    Sergeant Jean-Serge Nerin was killed when shooting broke out between police and ETA members after the armed group tried to steal cars from a used car store and locked up the salesman.

    It was the last killing attributed to ETA before it called a unilateral ceasefire in 2011 and pledged to turn in its weapons.

    Investigators believe up to nine activists were involved in the incident, but only six were identified. One was arrested at the scene, the others managed to escape but were arrested between May 2010 and July 2015.

    Only two, Xavier Goyenexea Irragori and Mikel Kabikoitz Carrera Sarobe, have been charged with the policeman’s murder. The others are charged with various crimes, including weapons theft and kidnapping.

    The trial is expected to continue until Dec. 11.

    ETA was formed in the late 1950s during the dictatorship of Francisco Franco and aimed at establishing an independent Basque state in northern Spain and southern France.

    The group killed more than 800 people over several decades, according to the Spanish government. ETA has been severely weakened in recent years after hundreds of its members were arrested and some of its weapons seized.

    (REUTERS)


    Read More
  • Breaking News: Another ''Tears of blood” witnessed at BVM Statue, Medjugorje, Italy (Watch Video)

    02/Nov/2016 // 672 Viewers

     

    An Italian pilgrim went with friends to pray at Our Lady’s statue on Apparition Hill when suddenly he began to weep “tears of blood”… 

    It is uncertain whether this is the result of a medical condition, but for it to happen in front of Our Lady’s statue on Apparition Hill has led many to wonder if it is yet another miraculous sign at the site of many miracles. 

    It is understood the recording was made recently and distributed by a local inhabitant of Medjugorje/Bijakovici. As yet, there are no published details about the Italian pilgrim or the outcome of his experience at Medjugorje. 

    Thirty years ago to the month, in her message dated May 24, 1984, Our Lady made mention of “tears of blood”. 

    Dear children! I have told you already that I have chosen you in a special way, just the way you are. I, the Mother, love you all. And in any moment that is difficult for you, do not be afraid! Because I love you even then when you are far from me and my Son. Please, do not let my heart weep with tears of blood because of the souls who are lost in sin. Therefore, dear children, pray, pray, pray! Thank you for having responded to my call. 
     
    There is another occurrence of tears of blood associated with Medjugorje – the famed statue of the Virgin of Civitavecchia. 

    The statue depicts Our Lady of Medjugorje. It was manufactured by a Muslim man. It’s base is enscribed with the word ‘Medjugorje’. It was brought back to Italy from Medjugorje by a pilgrim and it began ‘weeping blood’ in February 1985.

     

    Watch Video below: 




    Read More


CLICK TO WATCH BBC WORLD NEWS