BREAKING: Finally, ARMAGEDON looms as news of planned airstrike by CHINA against US military base confirmed
AFP | Drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is escorted into a helicopter at Mexico City's airport on January 8, 2016
NEW YORK (AFP) - The suspect who shot and seriously wounded a police officer in Philadelphia while claiming allegiance to the Islamic State group was charged Saturday with attempted murder, the district attorney's office said.
Police said it was unclear whether the alleged assailant, Edward Archer, a 30-year-old local man, acted alone or as part of a wider conspiracy.
The Wall Street Journal reported that the suspect had traveled to Egypt and Saudi Arabia in recent years for reasons that were unclear on Saturday.
Archer, who was captured on a video surveillance camera opening fire at point-blank range, was in Saudi Arabia for a couple weeks in October-November 2011 and Egypt for several months in 2012, the Journal reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
Homicide police Captain James Clark told a news conference Friday that Archer had "stated that he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, follows Allah and that is the reason he was called upon to do this."
The episode comes amid heightened security in the United States following last month's assault by a radicalized Muslim couple in California that killed 14 people, and the November terror attacks in Paris.
The wounded policeman, Jesse Hartnett, 33, was shot three times in his left arm as he sat in his patrol car late Thursday in the northeastern city.
The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office tweeted Saturday that Archer was being held without bail after he was "charged with attempted murder and related crimes for the shooting of police officer Jesse Hartnett."
Stills captured from video surveillance and released to the press show the suspect opening fire as he walks towards the patrol car, extending his arm into the vehicle and then continuing to fire as he flees on foot.
Hartnett got out of his vehicle despite being wounded and managed to return fire, hitting the suspect, who was quickly arrested.
Authorities said they were astonished Hartnett survived.
It was unclear how the suspect obtained his firearm, which was stolen from police in October 2013, authorities said
Donald Trump has announced that his call to ban Muslims entering the US would have one exception - the new mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.
The real estate mogul's comment comes after Mr Khan said he would have to visit his US-based counterparts in New York and Chicago before next January in case Mr Trump is elected president.
The latest controversy from Mr Trump is one of a series of U-turns over the last week, which include his sudden decision to raise taxes for the rich and encourage states to raise the minimum wage.
Mr Trump, who is the presumptive Republican nominee after Ted Cruz and John Kasich quit the candidacy last week, caused international outrage when he called for a temporary ban of all Muslims entering the US on account of their supposed terrorist links.
He then threatened to scrap further investment in his golf and tourism empire in Scotland after MPs debated banning the Republican from entering the UK due to his racist rhetoric.
Speaking to the New York Times on how the ban would affect Sadiq Khan, Mr Trump said there would "always be exceptions".
He said he was "happy" that voters had elected the Labour MP for Tooting, and that it would be a "very good thing" if Mr Khan is successful in the role.
Mr Trump has also irked citizens and politicians when he said there were areas of London that were "no-go areas" which were "so radicalised that the police are afraid for their own lives".
Mr Khan, a practising Muslim, swept to victory in London with 1.3 million votes on Saturday.
He said he was glad that people had chosen "hope over fear and unity over division", referring to his conservative rival Zac Goldsmith who suggested Mr Khan gave "oxygen" to Muslim extremism.
Mr Trump responded: "I was happy to see that. I think it's a very good thing, and I hope he does a very good job because frankly that would be very, very good."
"Because I think if he does a great job, it will really - you lead by example, always lead by example. If he does a good job, and frankly if he does a great job, that would be a terrific thing," Mr Trump added.
The presdiential candidate is likely to face a battle for the White House against Democrat Hillary Clinton following the Republican convention in July.
Mr Khan told Time magazine he was confident Americans would not choose Mr Trump as their next president when they go to vote in November.
"I want to go to America to meet with and engage with American mayors," he said. "If Donald Trump becomes the president I'll be stopped from going there by virtue of my faith, which means I can't engage with American mayors and swap ideas." - INDEPENDENT
Donald Trump’s team has removed the statement on his website to ban all Muslims from the US.
On the same night that millions of votes were pouring in for the real estate mogul turned politician, the page linking to his December statement regarding a temporary and complete Muslim has been removed.
The page now redirects to his a page encouraging voters to donate to his campaign.
The page was available on the morning of the election on 8 November, according to online caches. But the redirected was added later the same night.
Caches like the Wayback Machine work by crawling websites intermittently and making a copy of what it finds there. As such, it's not possible to say exactly what time the redirect was added, but only that the change had been made between those two times it was crawled.
Mr Trump was widely condemned for his call shortly after the terrorist attacks in Paris in November 2015 to temporarily ban all Muslims until he figured out "what the hell was going on".
Mr Trump and his allies have consistently defended the ban, insisting the measure was about Americans’ "safety" and not about discriminating against religion. Videos and speeches defending the ban remain on the Trump campaign website.
The Trump campaign could not be immediately contacted.
It is not the first time the Trump team has scrubbed pages from its websites.
After speculation rose that Melania Trump did not not complete her university degree, her biography page was taken down and started to redirect to Mr Trump’s golf course.
Mr Trump won the presidential election on 8 November with 279 electoral votes.
Credit: INDEPENDENT - CLICK HERE
I’m talking about the lull of controversy that lasts for about a day between the results of a presidential election and the next flap of outrage from the losers.
Donald Trump was declared the next President Elect at around 2 AM Tuesday night. For the next twelve hours, the news shows and editorial columns of American media were filled with soothing talk about why the pundits misread the polls, how Trump had turned into a very good candidate by the end of the race, the beauty of a “peaceful transition of power” in American democracy, and the need for unity instead of sucking on sour lemons.
But, just as any illness gets worse at night, so we are seeing an end to “the calm between the storms” as the old fever of anti-Trump rage breaks out again in numerous urban hot spots.
In Chicago, for example, thousands of angry anti-Trumpers have been marching on Trump Tower there. Why? Well, don’t ask me. Remember, until last night, it was the Republicans, led by Trump himself, who were unwilling to accept the outcome of a free and fair election. Now, though, the winning Republican camp is extending olive branches to its former opponents, while the worst of the Democratic hordes are trying to intimidate President Elect Trump and anyone publicly associated with him.
We’re seeing the same kind of immature chaos boil over in New York as well, with on-site comments that the same antidemocratic unrest is cropping up in Austin, Portland, New Orleans, Los Angeles, and New York, as well as some southern border towns. Since I am not able to confirm all of these reports right now, you can see for yourself what it’s like in a confirmed site like New York.
In one sense, it’s kind of inspiring to imagine that “America’s young voters” are organizing themselves to continue an open, democratic debate. Unfortunately, though, this year has taught in no uncertain terms that so-called “popular protests” like Black Lives Matter are far more than mere “coincidences.” In fact, BLM protests and virtually all anti-Trump unrest in the past year, if not longer, is driven by wealthy rootless cosmopolitans like George Soros.
In a nutshell, now that Soros and Friends have lost another shot at controlling America via the White House, the globalists are going for broke with the bird dogging and BLM unrest. The immediate goal is to tar Trump’s presidency as a kind of “neofascism” before he even takes office. Ultimately, the goal is to make America so unstable and violent that Obama would have to order martial law or permit the U.N. to squash supposedly Trump-based violence.
This is why we must take all “popular uprisings” like we’re seeing in Chicago and New York with a very large grain of salt.
Meanwhile, now that the election is over, what can we do about it?
First, keep your eyes open. Be aware of your surroundings. If you’re in an urban area, give yourself at least two escape options by foot, car, or mass transit. If you’re a more secluded area, watch out for “rogue” anti-Trumper attacks from angry youths or, believable it or not, gangs with mobile phones to document their antics for a paid bounty.
Second, try to explain to anti-Trump people you personally know why he’s not “literally Hitler,” and how many of his positions actually line up with, say, Bernie Sanders’s platform (at least on trade and immigration reform).
Third, share this article to inform and encourage your friends and family! Just as Rome was not built in a day so we can’t Make America Great Again in one night, nor even a single month. In other words, be prepared to see more of the same social unrest and liberal immaturity. Do what you can to support your family and improve your community.
President Trump is counting on us to pull our own weight.
Credit: Conservative DAILY POST
Donald Trump has won the election and liberal crybabies everywhere are losing their mind. They are now starting to realize that this country has taken a stand and has chosen to drain our government of the corruption that has been sitting there for years.
Donald Trump's pledge to deny entry to the country for all Muslims temporarily disappeared from his campaign website after lingering there since December, following the attacks in San Bernardino.
The removal prompted new questions about one of Trump's most controversial promises.
But it was restored Thursday afternoon after what Trump's staff characterized as a technical glitch.
“The website was temporarily redirecting all specific press release pages to the homepage. It is currently being addressed and will be fixed shortly,” the campaign told the Washington Post.
Trump's promise helped him win the GOP primary, while drawing criticism from people who said it ran counter to American values of religious tolerance. In recent months, Trump has suggested that he would revise it to instead target people from countries linked to terrorism, rather than use religion as a criteria. But he had not, until recent days, removed the initial statement from his website.
Thursday, as he was strolling the Capitol with congressional leaders, he walked away from reporters who asked whether the plan to ban Muslims remained on his agenda.
Credit: Los Angeles Times
Link to source: CLICK HERE
US filmmaker Oliver Stone warned Monday that his country’s desire to “control the world” by eavesdropping on the entire planet would end in disaster.
The outspoken director of “JFK” and “Platoon” claimed Washington’s war on terror was being used as cover to “dominate the world”.
“That desire to control the world is very dangerous,” Stone warned as his latest movie “Snowden” is released across Europe and Asia.
The film is about Edward Snowden, the former CIA and National Security Agency (NSA) insider who exposed the vast scope of US digital intelligence gathering.
“There is no historical record of one empire that can do that successfully… the British Empire tried but that ultimately led to massive wars. The same is resulting from the US desire for tyranny,” he told reporters.
And he accused US President Barack Obama of not ending dragnet surveillance despite pushing through the USA Freedom Act to curb some of the sweeping powers the NSA got under the Patriot Act after the September 11 attacks of 2001.
“Obama is just as tough as Bush. He’s doubled down on the surveillance state. It’s bigger and stronger than ever,” Stone claimed.
He said Obama “talked reform but he didn’t change this culture in the CIA and the war on terror continues.
“The moment he got into office he turned into a better form of Bush, a more efficient commander but basically believing the same old story that we are under attack every day and all day,” the director added.
– ‘Hero and patriot’ –
“How many wars is America in informally without consent? How many Muslim countries has Obama bombed? How many drone strikes have we used, killing how many people?” he said.
Stone, 70, said Snowden was a hero and a patriot who would eventually be seen as such like Daniel Ellsberg, the former US military analyst who released the top-secret Pentagon Papers about the Vietnam war in 1971.
He said he met 33-year-old Snowden nine times in Moscow, where the former NSA contractor was eventually given asylum after his passport was cancelled as he tried to change planes to reach South America.
“Snowden” follows the young whistleblower — who like Stone came from a military family — in the nine years leading up to his sensational leaking of the extend of US electronic eavesdropping in June 2013.
It shows how Snowden — played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt — was initially a gung-ho conservative who volunteered to serve in the US army in Iraq until he broke both his legs in training.
But over time he became increasingly worried about the vast level of illegal snooping he was helping to mastermind.
“I don’t think the general public has yet understood the Snowden revelations, I really don’t,” Stone said, claiming the US public had been lulled into being “dumb and apathetic” about the danger to their basic freedoms.
“US people should be worried about mass surveillance, drone warfare and cyber warfare, which are the issues Snowden presented,” Stone added.
“We have lost track of what the intelligence agencies are doing especially outside the law. There is a danger of having another war very quickly because of cyber warfare… It is a mess,” he said.
PARIS, OCTOBER 10, 2016: (DGW) Nigeria suffered yet again another disgrace as the Minister of Budget and National Planning , Udoma Udo Udoma, was not only left tongue-tied but red-faced on Monday before a panel of moderators when he was unable to respond to questions which bordered on Nigeria's total debt profile during the 22nd Nigerian Economic Summit holding place in Abuja.
Speaking , Zain Asher, a CNN Anchor, one of the moderators, asked Udoma to divulge the specific figure of Nigeria’s debt profile, this question , according to our source left Udoma grasping for breath.
“How much is Nigeria’s total debt?” Asher asked the minister.
In response, a befuddled Udoma said: “I can’t tell you the exact figure. I will have to get back to you on that.”
Asher, however, responded with a challenge, saying: “But you are the minister of budget”.
The clearly-rattled budget minister neither gave a ballpark figure nor stated that the Debt Management Office (DMO) was in charge of keeping records of the nation’s debt profile.
Instead, he informed Asher that several committees were saddled with the responsibility of compiling Nigeria’s debt and as such, he could not give a precise figure.
His response elicited loud murmurs from the audience.